Thursday, November 24, 2005

Post Thanksgiving Table Conversations

So, how about if you readers share your Thanksgiving dinner table conversations vis-à-vis the real estate bubble? For my part, the bubble is begrudgingly regarded as a fact by some people; others still don't realize what has been going on in our local real estate market recently. "What?! Prices have come down? Sales volume is down? That can't be right. How can that be? This is Marin after all! We're special." It's like when Wiley E. Coyote runs off of a cliff and keeps on running and only falls once he realizes that he is no longer on the ground.

4 comments:

David said...

My townhousemate who is the brother of the hosts that I went to for Thanksgving dinner politely told me not to talk about the bubble. Noone there is in RE, but I think my friends have heard enough about the bubble

marine_explorer said...

A good portion of dinner focused on my sister and husband discussing the house they just bought, and all the costly rennovations they've already begun. Their previous house is not listed yet, but they already seem to know how much they'll get for it; time is apparently on their side.

I've mentioned the subject before, but this time I decided to quietly enjoy my meal.

Marinite said...

I know there are a lot of "lurkers" out there reading this blog; please post your comments.

This blog gets between 800 and 1000 unique visits per week (according to SiteMeter). Some of those are coming from as far afield as Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, various EU countries, New York, New Jersey, but most from California and many of those from Marin. So I know you are out there.

Anonymous said...

During dinner, 2 relatives living in SoCal were in awe over the money that people are somehow coming up with for purchasing houses. (Inland Empire and OC)

The look on my aunt's face was priceless when I explained to her what an I/O Neg. Am adjustable mortgage is and the high percentages of people using them. She was actually relieved to hear that the RE market has turned.