Sunday, March 09, 2008

Siren Song

Now this is something I didn't expect to ever see... realtors and the MSM wanting to advertise on this blog. Good luck with that, schmucks:
Hello,
I would like to inquire about placing a small text link on your site. You can put it into a sponsors or supporters section. Would you be willing to do this? What would you charge for a year? What do you charge to be a site supporter?
I am a Mystic Ct Realtor and am only looking to improve my traffic. Thank you for your time

XXXXXXXXXXXX
RE/MAX
* * *
Hello Marinite,

I want to introduce the CBS 5 San Francisco/Bay Area network, a network of local sites that cover San Francisco/Bay Area news, sports, lifestyle, politics, arts and culture and invite you to apply for membership. WBZTV.com has partnered with Pulse 360 to help build this network.

The main benefits of becoming a member include...
Heaven forbid if the Marin IJ ever comes knocking on my door.

1 comment:

bob said...

This isn't really all that shocking. Ever look at Ben's bubble blog? The only ads that have been up there for over a year have been ads for real estate, foreclosure sales, real estate investment, and so on. I say go for it. Take the money and let em' advertise. Not like any of us are going to buy, but if they want to throw money away, by all means let them.