Friday, June 02, 2006

Poetry & Song

There's a call for housing bubble poetry and song over at the Housing Panic blog. It promises to be good. I liked this one:
Is this the real life-
Is this just fantasy-
Caught in a mortgage-
With no escape from reality-
Open your eyes
Check out Kevin's site and see-
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy-
Because I'm easy come,easy go,
Rates are high, turnover low,
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me,
To me

Mama, just bought a home,
Got an ARM with nothing down,
For a McMansion out of town,
Mama, life had just begun,
But now I've gone and thrown it all away-
Greenspan ooo,
Didn't mean to make me cry-
When he said ARMs were just the way to fly-
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters-

Too late, the sheriff's come,
Turned in my McMansion key-
My family thrown out on the street,
Goodbye everybody-I've got to go-
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth-
Lerah ooo- (any way the wind blows)
I can see you lied,
You spun the truth and ruined, people's lives-

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Ber-nan-ke, Ber-nan-ke will you do the Rate-Adjusto-
Quarter-point and lightning-very very frightening me-
Alan Greenspan, Alan Greenspan,
Alan Greenspan Alan Greenspan
Alan Greenspan figaro-WhereDidHeGo-o-o-o-o-
I'm the new Fed Chief and nobody loves me-
He's just the Fed Chief thrown into uncertainty-
Spare him his life from Greenspans monstrosity-
Easy come easy go-, will you let me go-
Ber-nan-ke! No- we will not let you go-let him go-
Ber-nan-ke!! We will not let you go-let him go
Ber-nan-ke! We will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go let me go
No, no, no, no, no, no, no-
Mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go-
AlanG has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack,

This is a riot- we need to meet!

Cheers!~

Here's my blog:

http://chicagoviprealtors.typepad.com/chicago_metro_vip_realtor/2007/01/hey_bubba_ink_t.html

Mar 30, 2007, 2:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Terms of Use: The purpose of the Marin Real Estate Bubble weblog (located at URL http://marinrealestatebubble.blogspot.com/ and henceforth referred to as “MREB” or “this site”) is to present and discuss information relating to real estate and the real estate industry in general (locally, state-wide, nationally, and internationally) as it pertains to the thesis that recent real estate related activity is properly characterized as a “speculative mania” or a “bubble”. MREB is a non-profit, community site that depends on community participation and feedback. While MREB administrators do strive to confirm all information presented here and qualify all doubtful items, the information presented at MREB is neither definitive nor should it be construed as professional advice. All information published on MREB is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind and the administrators of this site shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages arising out of use of this site. This site is moderated by MREB administrators and the MREB administrators reserve the right to edit, remove, or refuse postings that are off-topic, defamatory, libelous, offensive, or otherwise deemed inappropriate by MREB administrators. You should consult a finance professional before making any decisions based on information found on this site.

The contributors to this site may, from time to time, hold short (or long) positions in mentioned and related companies.