Friday, June 02, 2006

Poetry & Song

There's a call for housing bubble poetry and song over at the Housing Panic blog. It promises to be good. I liked this one:
Is this the real life-
Is this just fantasy-
Caught in a mortgage-
With no escape from reality-
Open your eyes
Check out Kevin's site and see-
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy-
Because I'm easy come,easy go,
Rates are high, turnover low,
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me,
To me

Mama, just bought a home,
Got an ARM with nothing down,
For a McMansion out of town,
Mama, life had just begun,
But now I've gone and thrown it all away-
Greenspan ooo,
Didn't mean to make me cry-
When he said ARMs were just the way to fly-
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters-

Too late, the sheriff's come,
Turned in my McMansion key-
My family thrown out on the street,
Goodbye everybody-I've got to go-
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth-
Lerah ooo- (any way the wind blows)
I can see you lied,
You spun the truth and ruined, people's lives-

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Ber-nan-ke, Ber-nan-ke will you do the Rate-Adjusto-
Quarter-point and lightning-very very frightening me-
Alan Greenspan, Alan Greenspan,
Alan Greenspan Alan Greenspan
Alan Greenspan figaro-WhereDidHeGo-o-o-o-o-
I'm the new Fed Chief and nobody loves me-
He's just the Fed Chief thrown into uncertainty-
Spare him his life from Greenspans monstrosity-
Easy come easy go-, will you let me go-
Ber-nan-ke! No- we will not let you go-let him go-
Ber-nan-ke!! We will not let you go-let him go
Ber-nan-ke! We will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go let me go
No, no, no, no, no, no, no-
Mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go-
AlanG has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jack,

This is a riot- we need to meet!

Cheers!~

Here's my blog:

http://chicagoviprealtors.typepad.com/chicago_metro_vip_realtor/2007/01/hey_bubba_ink_t.html