Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Call to Arms

In my opinion, Greg Swann is a slimeball real estate agent. He operates out of Bloodhound Realty in Phoenix, Arizona. Mr. Swann has a blog and he has been using it, among other things, to repeatedly attack Keith over at the Housing Panic blog simply because Keith tells it like it is and Mr. Swann doesn't want it told like it is; he wants it told the way that will increase his RE business.

From what I have seen, Mr. Swann likes to engage in copious amounts of name calling, character assassination, ad hominem, various other forms of "mud slinging", and is, in my opinion, all-in-all a rather childish sort. Mr. Swann will take literally any and every opportunity to assail his target no matter how low the blow or how baseless.

So anyway, Keith of the Housing Panic blog gave Mr. Swann a choice: cool it (i.e., a truce) or total war.

Mr. Swann chose total war.

Now I've been silently following this exchange for months and I am utterly disgusted by Mr. Swann and damn glad he doesn't come here. But it wasn't any of my business and until it was my business I chose to stay out of it. Now I am making it my business and coming to the aid and defense of a fellow blogger who contributes tremendously to the housing bubble "conversation".

I ask you readers to familiarize yourself with these events and take a stand. I have no doubt that you will also choose to aid Keith.

Bloodhound Realty
Bloodhound blog

11 comments:

Rob Dawg said...

I'm thinking my "threat" of several months agomight be in order. A letter to the board of realtors and a letter to the AZRepublic. You see I've never really gotten past his flying monkeys and brownshirt characterization. Calling someone a "Brownshirt" in Germany lands you in jail BTW. I'd call on the board to publicaly censure him.

Marinite said...

robert -

Yes, the whole brownshirts, flying monkeys thing was incredible low.

For those of you who don't know what's been going on with Swann, now you have some sense of it.

Robert, maybe if you write something up along with addresses then we can post it here and elsewhere, people can print it out, sign it, and send it in. You do have a way with words you know ;)

marine_explorer said...

By now, using the so-called argumentum ad nazium means you forfeit the argument.

Marinite said...

What an awesome website. Thanks marin_explorer.

Rob Dawg said...

Just a quickie from a really great blog last july:

http://exurbannation.blogspot.com/2006/07/difference-of-opinion.html

Swann is probably in the terminal stages of personal self destruction. Others have posted about documents in court concerning matial problems. The 40% drop in PHX sales has got to hurt. It just isn't mathematically possible that he's holding anything close to the income he had last year. The denial, the lashing out at the messenger. Everything points to James Cagney screaming, "Look at me now Ma, Top o'the World!"

Best to be at a safe distance, just like Casey Serin when the death blow lands. That said, yes, I'll work up a couple nice letters. 1 PHX Board od Realtors. 2 AZRepublic. 3 An open letter. With #3 I hope we can coordinate every bubble blogger to post at the same time with 2-3 links of where to sound off.

Marinite said...

robert -

That is a rather good blog. :)

Anonymous said...

count me in

Anonymous said...

Aw c'mon. Who cares? "Flying monkeys" is really quite creative and not all that insulting. And accusing someone of engaging in sexual self gratification isn't much of an insult in my book. So he's lashing back, does it matter? Anyone putting out strong opinions in the public domain can expect detractors.

Get over it and put your energy in more positive directions.

Anonymous said...

I've been in the business a couple of years now,and you can relly see the frenzy as the sleaziest of the real estate "professionals" attack every critic and competitor in a desperate attempt to stay afloat.There is a real sense of hope among the honest and competent people i know in the business that we can finally clean house.NAIL HIM TO THE WALL AND SALT HIM DOWN! people like swann have ruined the lives of many people who depended on him for expert advice,they deserve serious jail time,and before that they should be publicly exposed for the crooked and corrupt thieves that they are.unethical conduct should not be tolerated.period.

Athena said...

Officials and the public called for Blood from those who flew Enron into the ground. The Enron losses are a drop in the bucket compared to the fraud, and $$$$ that will be lost when the snowball really gets rolling. Look at Fannie Mae- chit- the restatement just THERE makes Enron look like child's play yet Raines remains a member of the public at large.

I am tired of these guys not being held accountable by their own regulators, by supposed government oversite entities, so as far as I am concerned if the bloggers are the only way to hold sleaze bags accountable count me in.

Anonymous said...

Anecdotal evidence of Swan's and his buddy’s demise is the fact that he's adding new contributors every week. I guess with the slowdown in business they have more time to blog.