Thursday, March 02, 2006

Bad News

Wow! The news is only getting worse. Good thing there is no bubble according to all the industry "experts" otherwise we might have to take this news seriously.

Is the House Broken?

California home sales plunge

Housing market slows down further

5 mistakes investors just can't afford

The boom is gone as home sales drop 39% in Palm Beach County

House sales keep falling

Lose Your Health, You Could Lose Your Home

National Foreclosures Increase 27 Percent in January

HOUSING MARKET GLUTS UP

Big Housing Players Turning Bearish

number of homes on the market hit a high not seen since 1998

Used-home sales fall as bubble talk resumes

The American Dream: Dangerous Curves Ahead

Housing under pressure

Pop! goes the bubble as home sales slow

Housing Crash confirmed

Housing market in Shanghai collapses (China)

Home sales, prices continue downward slide

The boom is gone: Home sales fall 36% in Broward

Roof collapses on housing boom

Mass. home sales plummet 21%

January brings chill to housing market

Cost of housing among area's top woes in S.F.

New home sales fall more than expected

New-home sales fall across country

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really touchy subject:
Standing in line with a friend, I casually mentioned that the topic of the day use to be “how much your house went up in value” now it’s “is there a bubble?” and it seems most of the news is turning negative.

The lady behind me said, you must not own, I said not anymore for me it didn’t make sense. She said what makes you think there is a bubble, I said I don’t know what to think since you can’t trust a realtor anymore, you can’t trust a lender, appraiser, the media, the government, I don’t know what to think. But I do know that there is mounting data and more negative news than positive and it’s not easily dismissed, that’s why you jumped in on my conversation.

She apologized and said she was just sick and tired of everyone talking about the bubble and that’s only feeding it. I said everyone was feeding it on the way up, it works both ways. She said she didn’t follow the news and maybe she should look into it.

I could feel the tension in the air around me.

Athena said...

But will there be cake for them to eat?

sf jack said...

anon -

Where was that?

Marin? City? East Bay?

I really like these first hand accounts.

I have my "Mr. Housing Bubble" T-shirt all ready for summer 2006 weekends in the neighborhood. I got it last summer and only wore it a few times - no remarks that I could tell.

I'm sure it will be different now.

Anonymous said...

you can’t trust a realtor anymore, you can’t trust a lender, appraiser, the media, the government... -anonymous

Exactly when could you trust the aforementioned? This is nothing new. Like any investment/major purchase (however you classify RE), you have to your own due diligence, not listen to those with vested interests.