Saturday, March 04, 2006

Local Bay Area Blogs

When I first started this blog I was only really interested in the craziness here in Marin (hence, this blog's title) as what I was seeing was changing not only our community but the notion of "absurdity" as well. But given 1) how hard it was (and still is) to get data and relevant info for just Marin, and 2) the fact that there were very few independent blogs covering the Bay Area (the only other one I knew about was Patrick.net) that weren't in bed with the real estate industry itself, I was quickly motivated to widen the scope of this blog. I'm still in the habit of looking at what is going on outside of Marin (I know, how un-Marin of me) and I keep telling myself "Finally, I can now post less and just on Marin". But oh well, I still look at what is going on around us.

However, times have changed (more people are waking up?) as there are now more local Bay Area blogs. Here are some of them (please, if you know of others, please send their URLs to me so that I can add them to the listing in the right-hand margin of this blog):

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a different take on things, there's always Realtor.org.

Athena said...

that's alright, we have enough entertainment going on just looking at the real data.

Van Housing Blogger said...

Fred, you can run from the data, but you can't hide!

sf jack said...

fred -

Welcome back!

It wasn't the same without you.

Anonymous said...

For a very different take there is always http://thereisnohousingbubble.blogspot.com

sf jack said...

"Every now and then I need a break from the negativity, I swear I think it affects my swing."

Well, fred, just step up to the tee and rip it.

Be focused, but not overly so - your mental state will effect the natural rhythm of your swing. You definitely want to have some positive thoughts.

In fact, you should probably think about that 40%. That should help.