Thursday, September 21, 2006

BAREIS Stats and the Warren Saga

Perhaps contrary to what you might think, I am actually on good speaking terms with some Marin real estate agents/brokers and some of them even approve of what I am doing on this blog.

One Marin agent mentioned today by email that there are some problems with some of the statistics coming out of BAREIS. Here is the relevant portion of an email sent to me (reproduced with permission):
Just found out something that you might find interesting:

% price change vs. sold (according to BAREIS) isn't accurate….it's based on list price compared to the most recent price when the property closed NOT the original list price. I just started tracking those stats, but I now think they are worthless with this new info, it means that % price drop is much more than indicated…. I will no longer track these stats unless BAREIS fixes this stat.

I found this out because I'm on the Marin Association of Realtors Technology board and we often times communicate problems to BAREIS.

Also, the Warren Carreiro saga continues: a reader emailed me today telling me that he keeps trying to leave a comment on Warren's blog -- a comment containing this blog's URL so that readers of Warren's blog know what the heck Warren is complaining about. But Warren keeps deleting those comments and is now moderating comment submissions. Hey Warren, what are you afraid of?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

reality.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I keep posting the url to this blog on Warren's blog and he keeps deleting my posts. I then posted a question -- basically asking why Warren keeps deleting the posts and asking what he is afraid of (no link or mention of this blog)? Even THAT got deleted by Warren!

Warren Carreiro -- you are a spineless jellyfish of a man. You don't have the courage to directly identify those you accuse and attack. You do not allow your readers to have what they need to make up their own minds. You seem to prefer that your readers only be exposed to your propaganda. No one should trust you.